Why? Because right now, we have so many crazy, awesome sales and discounts on bike parts and cycling accessories that we’re convinced Santa wants to trade in his sleigh and ride a bike to deliver presents this year.
There is a reason to Bliss Out This Holiday Season with our Huge Specialized Sale. We’ve also got you covered with these special deals too!
- These are perfect holiday gifts for the bike commuter!! 15% off Kryptonite lights and 10% off Kryptonite locks
- Super Specialized Sale on bikes, tires, helmets, saddles, shoes, socks, bikeframes. In fact, we’ve got over 500 Specialized Bicycles on sale right now, including E-Bikes! Check it out!
- Save up to 50% off last year’s cycling shoes
- 20% Off ALL WTB Products!
- Closeout sale. Get 5-70% off before it’s gone!
We have holiday gifts for every cyclist on your list. Save time and money by shopping online at BikeParts.com. The time you save shopping online means you now have time to make those special cookies for Santa, right?!
Happy Holidays friends!
The leaves are starting to change color and that means 2016 bikes are here! We are updating our demo and rental fleet with some of the newest offerings from Specialized and Giant – our latest addition is the full suspension carbon fiber 6Fattie. With bike parts like meaty Purgatory Control 650b x 3.0″ tires and FOX suspension, our expert level 6Fattie gives you consistent traction to crush those steep, rocky climbs and the confidence to send it down the most technical terrain. Check out the full post for all the details!
The 2015 USA Pro Challenge is on! With only 3 days before the final stage, pro cyclist will race a short loop north of Golden before tackling the main obstacle of the day, the 4-mile climb of Lookout Mtn. The final stage from Golden to Denver on August 23 is proven to be stellar spectating. And what better way to have the best spectating experience during the race than to stop by the Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop during Stage 7 of the USA Pro Challenge. Here’s why!
4. We’ll have food and drinks for a USA Pro Challenge party on Sunday.
5. Best yet – we will be selling USA Pro Challenge T-shirts in the store all week.
6. You love the USA Pro Challenge and so do we! We’ve been involved in supporting the race since the inaugural race. Support the locals who support the race!
7. Make good use of your day. During the break between the women’s race and the men’s race, you can get your bike fix on!
Browse through our road bikes and mountain bikes like Giant, and Specialized and check out our specialty bike parts. Our highly rated bike parts and components have become favorites among many.
8. In fact, make the day memorable and pick up a select few bike parts, cycling accessories, or cycling apparel.
9. Get your bike questions answered. We love answering questions and talking about the latest and greatest. Asking good questions about your bike and bike parts leads to having the right bike and gear that not only gets you on the bike, but keeps you riding.
10. Last but not least, the best reason to visit Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop during the Pro Cycling Challenge is because we love cycling! As avid local cycling advocates as well as sharing our expertise on the web at bike parts.com, we encourage cyclist of all levels to embrace our fabulous sport.
Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop is passionate about fat bikes in the winter months. They are fun and versatile bikes that can be used in almost any terrain but are particularly useful in snowy conditions. With the explosion of enthusiastic fat bike cyclists over the past couple of years, new fat bike companies and models have formed in a rush to meet the demand. But with all of these new fat bike brands, how do you choose which fat bike is best for you?
We have found the Specialized Fatboy to be a highly rated, mid-range fat bike that is usable for a wide range of ages and skill-levels. In fact, the Fatboy was rated as the best mid-range fat bike in 2014 by Gear Patrol, a magazine that covers the best in gear, adventure, and design. The following gives Gear Patrol’s review:
“Double-digit growth year after year has brought in the cycling industry big boys. The Fatboy is Specialized’s first bike in the category, and the big-name brand has delivered a lightweight frame and fork with 4.6-inch Specialized Ground Control tires, a fully butted M4 premium aluminum frame with 190mm rear spacing and a tapered head tube with clearance for five-inch tires. The lightweight frame and mix of quality components from SRAM, Tektro and Specialized at a reasonable price point make the Fatboy a great choice for beginners on up to experienced riders.”
If that isn’t exciting enough, Specialized has developed three different bikes including the Fatboy, Fatboy Expert, and the Fatboy Pro with front suspension. All three bikes share the M4 Premium Aluminum Frame and the Fatboy Expert and Fatboy Pro sport higher components such as Shimano Hydro Discs. While the Fatboy Pro offers more cushioned ride with its Bluto Suspension Fork and Sram’s XO1 rally sport package for a higher price, the other two bikes offer a solid build and smooth ride for lower budgets.
In a review, the Fatboy expert on fat-bikes.com, reviewer Gomez gave the bike a glowing report: “Our test bike purred like a kitten and did everything I could ask of it….I guess the first thing that I noticed, when riding the Fatboy were the tires. The Ground Control tires are a true to size, four point six inch, big and bad ass, knobby fat/mountain-bike tire. These tires are made for off roading. On my very first ride with the Ground Controls when I was climbing a steep asphalt hill, they brought back an instinctual memory of a familiar tactile feel similar to the best knobbies that I’ve ever ridden…. 26/29 or fat-bike….Climbing was outstanding and carving turns was confidence inspiring. Of course you can’t have all of that grip without some rolling resistance. If you’re looking for a tire that will answer the call for traction each and every time, the Ground Control is your huckleberry….This bike was born and bred to rip and shred!”
The fun isn’t exclusive to adults either! Specialized has also created a 20” and 24” Fatboy for kids at half the price of a full sized Fat Boy. The two miniature bikes are featured in this short video that would excite any kid who loves to hop into the bike saddle and ride:
For a lighter ride, you can opt for lighter bike parts and also purchase tubeless tires and carbon rims. All of which will make your FatBoy faster and more maneuverable. Join the Fat Bike rage! Demo a fat bike at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop today or better yet – get your own! There’s a Specialized Fatboy, Medium in black and red on sale now!!
Have you been a naughty cyclist or a nice cyclist? Is there a way to tell?
Some cyclist might notice a lot of bike parts, cycling apparel, and other wonderful gifts under the tree and think, yeah! I’ve been nice! And then, again, as competitive and recreational cyclists, it’s easy to be hard on ourselves. Some might think that you’ve been a naughty cyclist. Maybe you think you haven’t trained hard enough this year. Or, your performance was down. Then again, you may consider yourself to be a naughty cyclist because you have been slacking off and didn’t get that scheduled ride in.
Whether or not all that is true – that isn’t the spirit of cycling. No doubt, consistent training is essential to performance. Having the right gear, bike parts, and appropriate road or mountain bike for your cycling specialty is important. But, while we tend to strive for fitness using heart rate monitors and power meters and tracking calories and water intake, and all the performance enhancing rituals we employ, it’s certainly not the spirit of cycling and it is especially not so at Christmas time.
So, what is?
Here at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop, the true Christmas spirit of cycling is the love of the bike. It’s the adventure cycling brings – the challenge of a new ride, the joy of connecting with friends in meaningful ways, and the building of camaraderie with teammates. It’s about inspiration. Riding and training towards goals that call us to be our best selves and enlist the support of family and friends that unites in powerful connections. At its essence, the true spirit of cycling is really about passion, joy, exhilaration, excitement, camaraderie, enthusiasm, and gratitude.
These are all the very gifts we wish for you and your family this Christmas day. Merry Christmas from Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop and BikeParts.com!
“Grateful people are joyful people.” – David Steindl-Rast
- Give thanks to family members, coworkers, coaches, fellow riders, and nutritionist for the year long support, feedback and encouragement you receive.
- Give thanks to your favorite bike shop (hint – us! Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop) and the mechanics for keeping your bike in working order.
- Give thanks to the person who does your bike fit and helping you ride more efficiently, comfortably, and hopefully faster.
- Give thanks to the bike and pedestrian committee members and wide range of other bike community leaders in your area for supporting cycling.
- Give thanks to bike manufactures for producing bikes, bike parts, cycling accessories, and bicycle components.