Memorial Day Weekend 2017 starts Thursday, May 25 and goes to Monday, May 29. Kick off the Colorado summer with a concert, festival, and of course bike rides! The question many ask is, where should I ride? Provided your committed to the Golden, Colorado area, staff picks include:
- White Ranch Trail
- Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail
- North Table Mountain
- Green Mountain Park
- South Table Mountain
- Chimney Gulch Trail
- Apex Park Trail
- Golden Gate Canyon State Park
- Lair O’ the Bear
Before you head on any of these rides, be sure to be prepared! Be especially considerate if you are taking young ones with you out on the trails. or other riders that may not have been riding for a while.
- Know the profile – How much climbing and descending should you expect?
- Know the route – Where is the trailhead? How long is the route? What is the technical difficulty? What type of terrain will you be riding? And, What are the current trail conditions?
- Know the weather conditions before, during, and soon after you expect to ride. Colorado weather changes quickly and sometimes, radically. Be prepared.
- Know what cycling apparel to wear. Being over or under dressed makes for an uncomfortable ride.
- Know which bike components are best for the terrain type and the right mountain bike tire to use.
While these may seem like common sense things to address, you’ll want a checklist of essential items to carry with you.
- Food, gels, and on the bike nutrition
- Tubes, lube, a pump or C02
- Chain and multi tool
- Rain jacket
- Hydration pack and extra bottles for fluids
Get ready for a fun weekend of riding! Stop by the Peak Cycling Bike Shop or visit us at bikeparts.com to get all of your cycling apparel, accessories, and bike parts. And, as a little teaser to whet your appetite for Colorado’s finest, enjoy the cycling videos, pics, and trail reviews.
- Quiz: Name that Golden Mountain Bike Trail
- Video View of North Table Mountain, South Table Mountain, and Green Mountain
- BikeParts.Com – Our Guide to The Buffalo Creek Trail System
- White Ranch Trail: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Green Mountain Trail: Why It’s a Year Long Favorite
Happy Memorial Day weekend!