May 16, 2019
Knowing the best time to purchase a new bike or cycling gear can save you money. Fortunately, Memorial Day is one of those times to cash in on money-saving opportunities.
Whether you need a new bike, cycling clothing, bike parts or cycling components, you’ll find the best deals at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop.
Now, if you’re scratching your head thinking you don’t need anything “new” per se, think again. Summer riding is right around the corner. Now is a great time to stock up on bike parts that wear out with regular use. Don’t wait until you hear odd little noises or you notice that your bike is taking too long for the brakes to engage before investigating. Take inventory now of soon to be needed parts, as in chains, cassettes, chainrings, brake pads, and cleats and save on the current sales we have going on. Check out if any bike parts sales might be a good upgrade or replacement for your current setup.
If these savings don’t entice you and you need an additional rationale for making bike purchases, just remember bike parts matter. They keep you safe, comfortable, and physically active. What are you waiting for? Pump up your tires, lube your chain, and head into Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop or visit us online. Enjoy a great Memorial Day weekend of riding!
October 13, 2016
Replace Drivetrain parts in the Fall
Each season has its own ups and downs. Spring and summer seasons are marked with event registrations, travel, and enjoying the cycling lifestyle. The winter season is the least expensive as most cyclist scale down their training or ride more indoors.
However, the fall season is somewhat of a mixture of all that. Racing continues yet weather conditions cause havoc on bikes and bike gear. When you add up all the gear, maintenance, and event fees, then riding bikes can be expensive. Following are 5 ways to save money saving bike tips for fall.
- Patch your tubes. When you get a flat, don’t just throw the tube away. Hang on to it and patch it when you get home. Patches are fairly inexpensive and can give your tube new life.
- Clean and maintain your bike regularly. The maintenance schedule for a bike can vary somewhat on how often it’s ridden. However, performing regular bike inspections can provide injury free and enjoyable riding. Also, regular bike maintenance can extend the life of your bike parts and cycling accessories.
- Look for discounted gear online and at bike swaps. At BikeParts.com we have ongoing closeouts that save on bike parts, cycling apparel, and cycling accessories. Check out those options. Another option is to check out the annual Veloswap here in Denver, Colorado on October 22nd.
- Replace bike parts regularly. Don’t wait until you hear odd little noises or you notice that your bike is taking too long for the brakes to engage before investigating. Some parts of a bike have a set “wear life”. As you put in the miles, they gradually wear out and need to be replaced. Typically, this includes chains, cassettes, chainrings, brake pads, and cleats. Stay one step ahead of the game by purchasing these types of bike parts on sale and have them on hand when you need them.
- Sign up early for races or events. Waiting last minute to register for events can be costly. Avoid late or day-of registration fees for races and events by signing up ahead of time. You’ll have a little extra cash in your pocket—not to mention the extra motivation that comes with making a financial commitment.
With a little planning, it’s easy to save money and continue to embrace the transition from summer to fall. Enjoy!