Colorado has some of the greatest road bike rides in the country. Some are shorter, convenient rides whereas others offer steeper, longer climbs and extended distances. Locals and vacationers alike welcome the challenge of pushing the limits while taking in breathtaking views that only Colorado has to offer.
The best way to approach any of these rides is to come prepared: mentally, physically, and have fully inspected your bike parts. Functioning brakes are essential on the long, fast descents. Proper gearing can make or break your chance of making a climb. And, having the right bike tools, cycling accessories, and extra bike parts on hand make a difference between a stellar ride and a bail out.
With so many to choose from, why not do them all this summer! Stop by the Peak Cycles Bike Shop to get the insiders scoop on any of our favorite 20 Colorado Front Range road rides.
- Historic Lariat Loop
- Deer Creek Canyon
- Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to Guanella Pass
- Red Rocks Park Loop
- Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to St. Mary’s Glacier (Alice)
- Idaho Springs to Loveland Pass
- Golden to Cold Springs Campground via Golden Gate Canyon
- Bergen Park to Echo Lake
- Idaho Springs to Juniper Pass
- Manitou Springs to Pike Peak Summit Parking Lot (Pikes Peak Hill Climb)
- Morgul-Bismark Route
- Jamestown Canyon Ride
- Flagstaff Hill Climb
- NCAR Hill Climb
- Lookout Mountain Hill Climb
- Sunshine Hill Climb
- Magnolia Hill Climb
- Mt. Evans Hill Climb
- Pikes Peak
- Trail Ridge Road