The Tour de France is under way, and the buzz has never been so great! The world’s fastest cyclists and bike manufacturers have sharpened this year’s competition with increased fitness, improved road bikes, better bike parts – leaving us all inspired and gripped on the watching the next day’s stage.
With the addition of GoPro Hero 4 on the riders bikes, it has changed forever how we watch the Tour de France. Ultimately, as spectators, we gain a greater perspective of the event along with a longing for the gear, bikes, and thrill experienced by the pro cyclist. Granted, we may never race in the Tour de France, but we do have access to the great gear the pro cyclist ride!
Watching the Tour de France might give you the itch for a new road bike and it’s perfect timing because shortly our 2015 road bikes and mountain bikes in our Golden, Colorado Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop will be going on sale to make way for the 2016 product releases. Here’s what’s coming in and a brief description of why we like them.
- Giant 2016 TCR Advanced SL – A great overall race bike.
- Giant Trance Advance 27.5 – A light bike designed to go fast on technical trails.
- Giant Any Road Gravel Grinder – A smooth ride, low center of gravity, great for off road and on road.
- Specialized S-Works Stump Jumper FSR 6Fattie – 27.5 plus size wheels (3”).
- Specialized Fuse 6Fattie – hardtail – A new mid-sized fat tire bike bringing fun back to the hardtail.
- Specialized S-Works Venge Vias DI2 USA – Specialized developed the aero road bike to deliver Tour de France sprint-stage victories. Who doesn’t want victories?
If you can’t stand the wait and are looking to get that new bike thrill now, check out a really nice S-works bike in our store with Shimano XTR components and 11-speed in back. It’s light and fast for racing – just like the tour riders like it!
Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up with news on bikes, bike parts, and new product releases.