Fat biking is abuzz in Colorado! Colorado is already a favorite state for cyclists due to the mountainous terrain, rugged trails, scenic views, and outdoorsy population. But now, Colorado is a hot destination for a new phenomenon in the cycling world: Fat Biking.
If you’re looking for a fun way to enjoy riding during the colder months or if you are looking to jump start your 2017 training, then consider starting the year off right by racing a fat bike. Following is the 2017 Fat Bike Race Calendar.
- January 8th – Fat Bike Race – Pagosa Springs, CO (USAC Fat Bike)
- January 14th – Grand Targhee Fat Bike Race #2 – Alta, WY (Fat Bike)
- January 14th – Lone Cone Fat Bike Challenge – Norwood, CO (Fat Bike)
- January 26-29th – Fat Bike World Championships – Crested Butte, CO (Fat Bike)
- January 28th – Cold Avenger Winter Triathlon / Cowboy State Games – Casper, WY (Fat Bike)
- February 4th – Silverton White Out – Silverton, CO (Fat bike endurance)
- February 11th – Tennessee Pass Night Jam – Ski Cooper, CO (Fat Bike)
- February 11th – Snow Mountain Ranch Fat Bike Round-Up – Granby, CO (Fat Bike)
- February 18th – Winter Bike – Cooper Mountain, CO (Fat Bike)
- March 4th – Mineral Belt Mayhem – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
- March 25th – Great Divide Grinder – Monarch, CO (Fat Bike)
- April 15th – East Side Epic – Leadville, CO (Fat Bike)
Granted, racing implies you actually have a fat bike. But if you don’t, you can demo one of our Specialized FatBoys at our store! And if you want even more fat bike ideas, or need for cycling apparel, bike parts, and cycling accessories, stop into Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop. We would love to help you!