What is the best way to say good bye to 2016 and hello to 2017? On your bike of course!
Cycling is all about fun and what better way to review the year and plan for the year ahead than riding your bike. Following are ideas to help you do just that.
- Ride the year in miles. It may be too late to ride the year 2016 in but you can get a head start of 2017! Or, go out and ride 16 miles or 20 miles for a year end celebration of 2016. Regardless, this is a great way to get in the last few rides of the year and to engage friends and other cyclist for a spirited group ride.
- Ride with your kids or better half. Celebrate the end of the year with casual fun rides and include those you don’t generally ride with. Consider inviting your significant other, kids, and neighbors on a cruiser ride. This is about spending valuable time with loved ones while doing something you really enjoy.
- Sign up for adventure. Maybe 2016 you didn’t stretch yourself enough. Sit down before the year end and make a list of goals for 2017. Consider doing races and rides that you haven’t done before. They don’t have to be epic – they just have to be meaningful to you. You may want to check out our post, The Year End Review: Not Just for Work But for Your Cycling Program Too, for great goal setting ideas for 2017.
- Schedule a New Year breakfast/ lunch/ or beer ride. Be social! Have fun! That’s what celebrating the year end is about! So why not combine all that fun with riding your bike. Gather your cycling buddies for a quick breakfast, lunch ride or post-work beer ride. Chat about bike parts, your favorite cycling gifts, or your big plans for 2017.
- Get Your 2017 Bike. Maybe you need to replace bike parts. Or, maybe you need to get a brand new bike for 2017. The year end is a great time to dial in your needs for a successful 2017 season. If not now, then when…right?!
The New Year is all about out with the old and in with the new. Maybe last year’s cycling resolutions were to get in shape, build fitness, or get stronger on the bike. This year, branch out! Create new resolutions. But before you do that, celebrate the year past. Reward yourself with a pat on the back for a great season. At Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop, we’re grateful for 2016 and wishing you a great year ahead that is filled with all the joys, personal rewards, and the grand adventure that cycling brings. Happy 2017!