The Holiday Season is in full swing and if you have a cyclist or occasional bicycle rider on your Christmas list, it may be difficult to find just the right bike-related gift.
Traditionally, stocking stuffers are smaller gifts that tend to pale in comparison to the main gifts under the Christmas tree. But with some creativity and useful gifts for all types of cyclist, don’t be surprised if our ideas for stocking stuffers turn out to be a big hit on Christmas morning.
For starters, we’ll focus on small things — stuff that fits in a stocking. These are the usual suspects:
- Tubes: This is one gift you absolutely positively will get used. Make sure you get the right size of tube. If you aren’t sure, stop in the Peaks Cycling Store and ask one of our friendly staff to help you. Or, visit us online at bikeparts.com
- A good bottle: Every cyclist has a ton of bottles, but that’s not the same as having good bottles. Buy a good bottle and stuff it with other goodies.
- Socks: Did you know cyclist like to wear their cycling socks even when they aren’t riding? Why? Because they are so comfortable. Pick out a pair of socks you like for your cyclist and maybe even get a pair for yourself!
- Warmers: We’re talking about head warmers, ear warmers, arm warmers, leg warmers, and shoe covers – all the necessities to keep your favorite cyclist warm and comfortable out on those chilly winter rides. They nice thing about these is that they fit nicely in a holiday stocking in as much as they do a cycling jersey!
- Gloves: Here’s another thing that every cyclist already has, but which every cyclist can always use more of.
- Bike nutrition – as in Energy bars / gels / chews: Instead of chocolate, fill the stocking (or water bottle) with nutrition, bars, gels, and drinks
your cyclist can use on the bike.
- Lube: Every cyclist goes through it and we’ve got tons of it.
- A gift for off the bike. Maybe your cyclist would enjoy a pint glass, a poster, or some other bike parts goodie.
But what about the unique gifts? These gift ideas could be the very wishes your favorite cyclist has dreamed of!
- Gift a Bike fit – Does your cyclist complain of hands falling asleep while riding? Or shoulder or neck pain after a long ride? A bike fit isn’t just for professional riders – they are for anyone who rides whether they are a beginner or advanced rider. A bike fit helps ensure riding comfort but it also impacts technique which is crucial to preventing overuse injuries and how an athlete rides. Consider the gift of giving your favorite cyclist a bike fit for Christmas. Not only can we help them with the fit, but we carry all the bike parts required to get the bike in the very best setup for their riding needs. Give us a call (303) 216-1616 or stop by the shop in Golden to schedule your bike fit.
- Demo a fat bike! That’s right! Fat bikes are all the rage – they thrive in snow, sand, desert, bogs and mud as well as riding what is considered normal mountain biking. In fact, fat bikes are the fastest growing segment in the bike industry. Book a fat bike demo for your favorite cyclist that will up the giggle factor to their normal winter riding program. Who can’t smile while riding a fat bike?
- Gift an App that keeps on giving – Smart phones, apps, and technology are paving the way for increased year round fitness. Consider giving the gift of paid apps to help keep your cyclist on track. The post, Top 5 Apps for Cyclists for Off-Season Fitness Gains, offers great suggestions including Lose it!, Strava, and Sleep Cycle.
- A cyclist dream gift? Bike parts! What cyclist doesn’t love bike parts? Whether it’s a new saddle, shifters, brakes, seat post, fork, pedals, hubs or wheels, your favorite cyclist wants it. The usual problem is how to know exactly what to get. Our answer, get a gift certificate.
Still need ideas for creative stocking stuffers? Stop by the shop in Golden, Colorado or give us a call at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop (303) 216-1616 and we’ll gladly help you out! Happy Holidays!