Healthy Holidays! Holiday parties, shorter days, cooler temps, all temptations pulling us away from time on our bikes. While this time of year poses unique challenges, there are ways to maintain fitness, reduce the holiday stress levels, and prepare for next year’s riding season.
- Eat Well: The holidays offer irresistible food temptations adding extra pounds to our waste lines and robbing us of precious energy. Instead of reaching for the holiday goodies, opt to choose your bike nutrition when you need it most- on the bike. Being mindful of your food choices can positively affect your energy levels and help maintain your ability to ride and perform better.
- Buddy Up: Shorter days creates less motivation and time to ride. Combat the winter woes by asking a friend to join you for a trainer session. Committing to a time, place, and a friend creates structure and accountability.
- Get Visual: Trying something new like a training video or dvd can add a new dimension to your riding schedule keeping it fresh and inspiring you to get on the bike even during the hectic holidays.
- Shop Ride: Join us on Sunday mornings at Peak Cycles in Golden, Colorado at 9:00 AM for our shop rides. Nothing is more fun that joining a group of passionate cyclist out for a morning ride.
- Relax: If you just can’t find the time or motivation to ride during the holiday season, at least feed your velo passion with pictures of new road bikes , new mountain bikes, and cool bike parts. It will feed your spirit and breathe life into next year’s bike season.
Maintaining a holiday fitness plan doesn’t have be hard. Be flexible, mix it up, and enjoy!