If you’re like most cyclists, then riding alone is the default when you first start riding. If you’re not competing or part of a club, then over time, you may long for others to ride and train with to increase fitness and explore new rides and trails.
Riding with others can be one of the most enjoyable aspects of cycling. Yet, it can be a little intimidating if you haven’t done it before or it has been a while since you have ridden your bike in a group setting. But, it doesn’t have to be! At Peak Cycles, we head out every Wednesday evening for a fun ride. Here are some of the benefits as to why cyclist enjoy riding with us.
- Build camaraderie. Riding alone can get lonely. Meet other riders and make new friends.
- Learn new skills! Not sure how to clear a complicated obstacle? Unsure how to navigate a certain line? Build confidence in learning from and watching others.
- Ride proudly! Show off your new mountain bike or cycling gear! Or, ask others about why they have certain bike parts or cycling accessories. Discover the pros and cons of other rider’s choices and see what is best for you
- Up your skill level and get comfortable riding in a group environment. Conquer nervousness about riding with others. Learn how to ride safely and in your comfort zone while being part of the pack.
- Most of all, have fun! Riding with others is just plain fun! Laugh, cheer each other on, make jokes, suffer together! It’s all good!
Join us on our weekly shop ride. Meet at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop at 1224 Washington Avenue in Golden, Colorado. We leave right around 6PM. Rides are weather permitting. And the bonus – it’s a no drop ride. What exactly does no drop mean? This means that no rider is left behind, and you can count on one of the riders in the group to be on the lookout for you and ensure that everyone stays together.
If you aren’t sure about the weather or you have a question, call the shop at (303) 216-1616 and check out our Facebook page for details. See you next Wednesday!