What do you get a Dad who has everything? Father’s Day can be a tough one. Everyone knows Dad’s are impossible to shop for. Sure, you could just pick him up another tie or another box of golf balls. But why not get him something unique this year? Why not tap into his true passion and gift him with items he will appreciate year round!
To help you in the ideas department, at Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop, we’ve put together this list of suggestions that we’re sure will help turn his Father’s Day into more than just another game night or round of golf.
1. Get a Fat Bike! Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop is passionate about fat bikes in the winter months but they can actually be ridden year round! They are fun and versatile bikes that can be used in almost any terrain. We have found the Specialized Fatboy to be a highly rated, mid-range fat bike that is usable for a wide range of ages and skill-levels. Splurge and get him a fat bike or get him a bike demo so he can try it out himself!
2. Get New Bike Parts! So many bike parts – the question is what to purchase? Consider getting your Dad a high quality wheel set. A good wheel set impacts ride quality, ease of pedaling, reliability, and functionality. Maybe purchase some new, lighter tires for your Dad’s wheels. Another option is to reconsider the current crank set and pedals setup.
3. Get a Power Meter! Is your Dad a data junkie? Then, this is the ideal gift for him! The main idea behind using cycling training tools is to dial in training to optimize performance as it relates to specific goals and objectives. Our post, The Best Training Aids to Launch into Spring Cycling, dives into the benefits of training with power. As for which power meter to get for your Dad, consider our most popular one, Stages Power Meters, beginning at $1000. Stages Power meter is the lightest, smallest, most technologically advanced unit available today. Another option is the Pioneer Power Meter offered at $2000 and is a bit more sophisticated. A third option is a company that’s been around for a while now – PowerTap Power Meter.
4. Get Cycling Accessories! So what do you get a Dad that has everything? Cycling apparel! You can’t have too many jerseys, shorts, tights, jacket, sunglasses, and cycling shoes! Cycling apparel is much better than just getting another tie!
5. Get a Bike Fit! A bike fit isn’t just for professional riders – they are for anyone who rides whether they are a beginner or advanced rider. A bike fit helps ensure riding comfort but it also impacts technique which is crucial to preventing overuse injuries and how an athlete rides. Give your Dad the gift of riding comfortably. Give us a call (303) 216-1616 or stop by the shop in Golden to schedule your bike fit.
6. Get Gift Certificates! Gift certificates can be used for purchasing bike parts and cycling accessories. Also consider a variety of gift certificates, as in, those to Starbucks for after ride coffee. Or, even a trial member ship for yoga. If your cycling Dad complains of tight muscles, yoga helps ease the tightness, creating core strength, and aligning the spine.
7. Get a Cycling Vacation! The lifestyle here in Colorado celebrates the great outdoors. Even better, Colorado has some of the greatest road bike and mountain bike rides in the country. Some rides are shorter and convenient whereas others offer steeper, longer climbs and extended distances. There are several Destination Hotspots for Colorado Summer Cycling Trips that the whole family can enjoy.
8. Get Riding! Riding together with your Dad on Father’s day could be one of his most favorite and memorable shared activities to do. Consider selecting one of the 20 Colorado Front Range Bucket List Rides or keep it local and ride some of the best mountain bike trails Golden, Colorado has to offer.
Make your Father’s Day memorable! Gift him with bike parts and cycling accessories that tap into his cycling passion. Happy Father’s Day!